Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Making a Preschooler Schedule

Okay, so I’ve been living tech free for a full 5 days.  I’ve been getting up earlier (as in 4am) to get my computer work done.   I’m Facebook free during the day but sometimes feeling too tired to really engage.  Patience grasshopper!  This is a new habit and will take some time to really get the hang of it.  You would think it would be easier.  

Now that I have all this free time, today I tackle my daughter’s schedule.  I want her to live in a tech free world as well.  We’re pretty good about no video games, we limit her television time, but it needs to be limited even more.  I can’t take her SpongeBobSquare Pants away without replacing it with something.  Maybe I'll replace it with this.  I’ve been toying with a new schedule for her.  One with an emphasis on quality time, time to create, time for imagination, time for friends. 
My girl filled with imagination, not television.

Drumroll please …
 3-4: reading and quiet playtime
4 – 4:30:  game time, Sorry or Jenga
  • 4:30 -5:00:  Craft Time, more about why it's important for preschoolers and young kids to craft here
  • 5:00-5:30:  Prepare dinner together
  • 5:30 – 6:  Dad time
  • 6-7:  Bedtime ritual and a SpongeBob
I am not a homeschool mom.  I’m not sure how you ladies do it.  Scheduling my afterschool activities are challenging enough for me.   I’d love to hear from you about how you balance it all.  Your tips would be most appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment