Translate

Monday, March 3, 2014

Our Preschoolers Grow Up!

I count on the fact that I'm not the only one who's felt this way - felt this longing for things to stay just as they are at this very moment.  I can't be the only mother who's felt the empty nest feeling even before her children have entered school.  Of course, the business of life makes us look forward to the days we will have a few hours to ourselves to read or exercise or shop all by ourselves.  But then they grow up and wave to us from the school bus window.  And you think ... where did my baby go?  When did the bedtime struggles end and when was the last time I rocked you to sleep?  When did you learn to do so many things all by yourself? And you celebrate the independence but mourn the late night feedings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment